Monday, January 17, 2011

Abram's Extensive Reading: Emotional Basket Post

Q: What are your thoughts and feelings about depression, loneliness, heartbreaks, being different from your peers, and having to put up a front? How do/would you deal with some of these issues?


Depression-Is a state of mind, a negative one. I think it is totally up to you to chose whether you are depressed or not. I would just not have depression in the first place but if I were to have one, then I would find the problem and make it not depress me by solving it.


Loneliness-It is more mental than physical. I think that I may feel lonely when strangers are around but not feel lonely when people who I know are not around. I would say to myself that I am not alone forever and there are people who care.


Heartbreaks-Though I may not have any yet, I guess heartbreaks are when you think of something but turns out as something else. I would just accept the way it is and move on.


Being Different-Is actually whether others accept you. I think being different is totally dependent on others and not just how a person looks or behaves. To counter being different, I would have to follow others to be the same.


Having to put up a Front-Is to side justice because someone else is doing something wrong. I would go ahead and put up a front but in no way that makes it worse or hurt anyone. 


By Abram

1 comment:

  1. You were very systematic about how you answered the question. In this way, you ensured you covered all points.

    I am not sure if I totally agree with you that depression is a choice. I can only agree with you to the extent that it is a choice if the depression is very mild. People don't just snap out of maniac depression or bi-polar depression and in many cases, need either medical help or cognitive therapy and nutritional supplements to get things in order.

    I am also not quite convince that your view on being different is about whether others accept you. I find it a difficult idea to be in a passive situation where I would have to follow others 'to be the same' or fit in. What about the idea of marching to your own drum beat and enjoy being a little different or unique?

    ReplyDelete