Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blog Question Chapter 3

There are times when family affairs disappoint you. On page 79 ‘Outside the Box’, there are four suggestions on how to handle disappointment. What do you think of each suggestion? If you do not have issues that are family related (include the wider family, adoptive family, guardian), consider other disappointments in your life with other people who are supposedly close to you.

*To answer the above question, you could consider if you agree each of the suggestions and decide if they could really be useful in helping you to get over your disappointment(s) with your siblings/parents/cousins/guardians, etc.


  • Take it easy on yourself especially, if you are feeling down. Do something that makes you feel good about yourself.
Statement 1, This is something that would work really well with me as when I'm feeling down, I do other things to distract myself from the real issue. It allows me to calm down and relax before I do any decision. One example is when my pet hamster died, I felt really devastated as I was really close to the hamster. That day, I was so sad that I did not have appetite to eat. After playing some computer games and soccer, I felt so much better. I will use this the next time im feeling really down.
  • No Matter what the situation, try and find some sort of positive way to look at it.
Statement 2, I feel that this is something I personally have to improve on as every time I see a situation, I will be very upset and think of the negative things for example, on that day of my test, I forgot to bring my mathematical instrument set but i kept thinking how how will I fail the test and how I would be banned from doing things I like to do. Instead I should think, I will have more time on the other questions and checking the answers other than thinking that I would fail. I personally think this can cheer me up as I always love to hear positive things.
  • Know that everyone goes through disappointment, the feelings that go along with it won't last forever.
Statement 3, I do not really find this helpful as, in my perception, my problems are harder than others. This is because when I have a problem I feel very stressed. When im stressed, I will have a headache. This makes me even more down. Most of the times when this happens, I will go and sleep so that my body feels relaxed and I dont feel too stressed.
  • Find a healthy way to express your emotions write your journal, do something creative, go for a walk, talk so someone
I always express myself as I cannot keep the problems to myself.I feel that I would literally burst if I do not share the problems. I would always share and talk to somebody that i trust. This is how i would solve the problems.
  • Try to keep things in perspective. One way to do this is to take the time to write down one thing everyday that you are thankful for. It can be something as big as an important person in your life to something as small as the oreo cookie you had for dessert.





1 comment:

  1. I will be giving you your feedback on language, ideas and structure via a word/pages document next week.

    ReplyDelete