Monday, January 17, 2011

Emotional Basket case Mirza

Q: What are your thoughts and feelings about depression, loneliness, heartbreaks, being different from your peers, and having to put up a front? How do/would you deal with some of these issues?

When I feel depressed, I tend to listen to music as music relaxes me. When I am depressed, I feel that I should tell someone I trust about how i am feeling, but I find that I do not tell someone and usually keep it to myself as I find that I really don't trust someone that much to tell them about my problems. I guess thats the problem with me, I tend to hide my feelings when I am feeling depressed or sad.

1 comment:

  1. Your ideas to cope with these issues are good. Music is often used by many people. It is said that music heals the soul and refreshes the spirit. Maybe that is why it is now used by allied health practitioners to help speed up the healing process of a illness or medical condition.

    I totally agree with you that it is not easy to trust people but I think sometimes it is useful to find someone you know is a responsible and trustworthy person to talk to. This is why some people go to counsellors or psychiatrists to get help. For me, I choose different people to chat with. Sometimes I speak to colleagues who understand my plight if it is to do with work-related issues. I ever consulted a professional therapist to shed some light about why I was having insomnia. If I can't find a person who is available, I sometimes talk to my dog! :)) I think it is useful because I can vent my frustrations and then feel better.

    * Please note that you didn't do part one of the blog question. The question wanted you to say what you thought or feel about the different issues.

    ReplyDelete